January 29 – 31, 2016
Friday: 5:00 to 11:00 PM.
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
$5 – $10
The Little Saigon San Diego Foundation is excited to announce the return of its flagship event, the Lunar New Year Festival at Qualcomm Stadium! Scheduled January 29-31, 2016, the Qualcomm Lunar New Year Festival attracts over 30,000 guests from across San Diego County and offers a fusion of Asian food stations, unique vendor booths, carnival rides, non-stop live entertainment (including lion dances, concerts, and the much anticipated “Miss Asia” Beauty Pageant) as well as a highly acclaimed “Cultural Village” featuring breathtaking artistic reconstructions of iconic sculptures, buildings and landscapes from across South East Asia.
Celebrated for thousands of years in various countries around the world influenced by Chinese civilization, the Lunar New Year remains Vietnam’s most celebrated holiday. This Lunar New Year Festival observes the Year of the Monkey, an animal representing intelligence, mischievousness, curiosity, and inventiveness. These qualities, coupled with Monkey’s creative energy and playful nature, make 2016 a year of endless possibilities.
- A unique mix of amazing Asian delicacies from country such as Thai, Lao, Vietnamese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Philippine are all confirmed to present. Exoticand luscious desserts and delicious beverages such as boba mixed drinks and smoothies. Don’t forget BBQ ribs and Kettle corn too. Vegetarian and vegan food also available.
- Carnival rides for all ages
- Live entertainment from professional performers, singers and bands to our local potential superstars with surprising hidden talents that you would have never guessed. Firecracker and Lion Dance show will be performing every day
- Don’t forget to root for your favorite contestant during theexciting return of the Miss Asia San Diego Beauty Pageant.
- Cultural Village – amazing replicas of famous landmarks and unique and unusual structures in Asia