Sunday February 7, 2016
485 S Coast Highway 101
Encinitas, CA 92024
8 AM – 12 PM
The Cardiff Kook Run 5K, 10K and Costume Contest is a celebration of the greatest community in the most amazing town on the map – and remember, it’s on Super Bowl Sunday!
The course starts under the world famous “Encinitas” sign on historic HWY 101 in beautiful Encinitas, California. This scenic loop passes by the famous “Cardiff Kook” statue (The Magic Carpet Ride), rises above some of the most popular surf breaks in the world and heads down to Cardiff State Beach.
The Cardiff Kook Run is the idea of Steve Lebherz and Seth Brewer, two locals who have been running this particular route for 15 years. They always said, “Everybody should see this!”
Now everybody can.
Locals, kids, adults, serious runners and kooks alike are invited to run– for life, for community, for a really fun time.
Cardiff Kook Costume Contest
- Costume participants need to register at the Costume Contest Registration table by 8:00 am
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three costume participants who best display the spirit of the annual Cardiff Kook
- The costume award ceremony immediately follows the 5k race
- Race completion times have no bearing on costume contest results
- Normal running attire is not considered a costume
- Participants must be present at awards ceremony to receive award